The Martindale test involves rubbing sandpaper on a fabric until it starts to show distress. The number given is the number of times the sandpaper can be rubbed before fabric starts to show signs of wear and tear. We use a range of fabrics for our beds ranging from a score of 40,000 to 750,000.
Below we have listed the expected Martindale score for items found in your home. This will help demonstrate just how tough the materials on our beds are.
- Decorations – 10,000 or less.
- Light Domestic Use (decorative furniture) – 10,000 to 15,000.
- General Domestic Use (chairs, sofas) – 15,000 – 25,000.
- Heavy Domestic Use (footrests, moving furniture) 25,000 – 30,000.
- Commercial Use (hotels, restaurants) – over 30,000.
Our beds are upholstered in extremely durable, beautiful fabrics with Martindale scores ranging from 100,000 to 750,000. This shows how above and beyond we have gone to ensure your bed looks great for a long time.
Our mattress covers range from 40,000 to 100,000, capable of withstanding your dog jumping in and out of their bed without looking tired.